We are excited to announce that Author Tracy Clark will be a guest speaker at our upcoming Women’s Investment Symposium.
Meet Tracy Clark
Mitchell, Vaught & Taylor is happy to announce that Chicago-based mystery author Tracy Clark will be joining us to discuss her new book, her life as an author and her experience as a woman in the business of writing.
A Chicago native, Ms. Clark has written 5 books which are crime stories based in Chicago. She has received a number of awards including, one for her first novel entitled Broken Places. This book was named Crime Reads Best New PI Book of 2018 and it received the Library Journal’s Best Book of the Year. Broken Places has been optioned by Sony Television. Ms. Clark was also awarded the Putnam Sue Grafton Memorial Award in 2020 and 2021. Her latest book is Hide based on the character Detective Harriet Foster who is a Chicago Police Detective. Reviews of Hide in The New York Times, The Washington Post and other national publications have been very positive.
New York Times Bestselling Author Sara Paretsky, author of the V.I. Warshawski series wrote” You know those books that are wonderful, but the worm in the Bud, makes you shy away from praising because you wish you’d created that prose or those insights? … She understands the streets, kids, the way a PI and a Cop really work. Kudos.”
Tracy Clark has received numerous awards and praise for her writing, including:
- 2022 Edgar Nomination for Best Short Story
- 2022 award for the Sue Grafton Memorial award
- One of “Eight thrillers and mysteries to read this summer” 2021 Washington Post
- Best New PI 2018, Crime Reads
- Nominated for 2019 Anthony Award for Best First Novel
- On Hide - -Amazon Bestselling Author Jeff Lourey remarked “Hide is an astonishing crime novel that broke my heart and then sewed it back together again, stronger than before … One of the best books I’ve read in years”, and
- Hide has received more than 4,900 5-star ratings on Amazon.
Ms. Clark will do an interview along with a question-and-answer period with time for photos and book signings. MVT will provide a copy of Ms. Clark’s latest novel Hide to attendees.
About the Women’s Investment Symposium
Please contact Veronica Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Margie Mitchell (email@example.com) or by calling at 312-922-1717.
At the Union League Club of Chicago
On March 25, 2023 at 10AM
Hosted by Mitchell, Vaught & Taylor
Presentations by MVT, Author Tracy Clark, and Custodians
ULC Art Tour